Friday, June 26, 2009

The Moonwalker now walks on the Moon

Michael Jackson. The biggest legend that ever lived. I am forced to say he was a force behind every genre of music that ever existed (maybe apart from them Metal and Screamo junkies). A true icon in the music industry. He died on the 25th of June '09. He will be deeply missed.

Lots of controversies surround his death though. The word out there is that his death was caused by cardiac arrest. Other rumors say that it was the effect of excess pain-killers. Recently, a new word hit the streets saying the doctor in charge was responsible. I'm not pinning this down to any assumption still; I wait for the results of his autopsy to emerge.

According to word moving around, he was taken to a hospital and no hospital official was allowed into the room that he was except for the doctor in charge. The room was guarded off by serious policemen. The outskirts of the building had people gathering around at the speed which the information spread. This is what I call popularity even in death.

Most people say those who are near death usually know that they are going or they are given some hint that their time is up. In Michael Jackson's case, the announcement for his concert in London was quite short. He only emphasized three words "This is it...when I say this is it, it really means this is it". And with an assuring smile, he says "I love you. I really do. You have to know that. I love you so much", puts his hands on his chest and says, "Really...from the bottom of my heart". What could he have meant by that? Did he actually know his time was up and wanted to give the world a piece of the Michael Jackson they know? Just a taste to engrave his memories into our minds. It's tempting to say he did; but miscalculated the timing.

Michael Jackson was the first true showman and will be the only showman at his level. No music artist of this day and age can emulate his swagger; talk less of exceeding it.

From heart to soul, we will always miss you. You will always be in the hearts of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment